Friday 18 October 2013

A greener garden

I can't believe it has been so long since I've made a CAS blog update, although September was a pretty hectic month.  I've been working on university and scholarship applications, which has taken up a large portion of my time, not to mention extended essay, CAS, and all the regular IB work and internal assessments.  However, CAS has been going well so far this school year.  I've joined Junior Achievement and the school's Improv Club as two new creativity projects, and I'm continuing on with many of my ongoing activities like yearbook, newspaper, and gardening.  I'll save the rest for another post, but here's an update on what's going on with the school garden.

Since the year began, we've picked back up with watering the garden twice weekly.  It managed well over the summer, all things considered, although our cactus bit the dust.  Last week we stayed after school to work on planting a lot of new plants into the garden, and it's starting to look superb.  Here are some photos from our planting session:





Next on the docket is to paint the front wall of the garden, although the art committee must select the colours and design before we can get to work.  Hopefully they'll get around to doing that soon, and we'll be able to further brighten our green, green garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment