Monday 19 August 2013

Easy as E, F, G

I'm back from Shad and busy with work and extended essay, but I've also been filling my time with one CAS project in particular:  guitar.  After I got back I was trying to practice every day, although for a week or so there in the middle I was off my game a bit due to extended essay work, but I'm hoping to get back into the rhythm (so to speak) of daily practices.  The online course I was taking before didn't really pan out, as it was during a busy time in school and it just wasn't practical, but my good friend Victoria lent me a beginner Guitar Method book at the end of the school year, and so I've been attempting to work through the exercises in that.  I've made it through the section on E, F, G, three notes on the first string, and over my last few sessions I've started working on notes B, C, D on second string.  I'm nowhere near good, of course, but I'm feeling pretty proud about my progress thus far, even if it's just going from awful to bad.


That was the final exercise in the E, F, G section that I've been working on.  My current focus is the song "Beautiful Brown Eyes" which uses all six of those notes, but that's still a work in progress.  Right now I'm only on page 12 of a 47 page book, so at least for this activity the direction I'm going to take is pretty easy to see.  I'm hoping that with daily practicing I'll be able to play an actual song by the end of the summer, but we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment